When I am writing my posts on being happy, quite often I’ll say something like ‘spread it around and make other people happy‘. There is a good reason for this. When you make somebody happy, it creates an warm atmosphere and this feeds back to you and makes you feel better.
The problem is that I very rarely give any advice on what you should do. So here is some advice on how to do it
1) Always greet people warmly.
2) Smile. Don’t just show your teeth.
3) Warm handshake or hug. Hold for a reasonable amount of time.
4) Stand at slight angle to them.Don’t stand face to face.
5) If there is anywhere handy, suggest that you buy them a coffee.
6) Become the most positive, enthusiastic and upbeat person that you know.
7) Never be sarcastic about anything.
8) Do not tell them about any illnesses, difficulties or problems that you are having.
9) If they start talking downbeat, agree with them, sympathize and GENTLY lead them onto an upbeat topic.
10) If talking on the phone, remember all of the above (apart from 3), 4) and 5). LOL)
There you go! 10 ways to make your friends happy! And remember what I said above. Doing this will make you feel BETTER. This is the sort of Win-Win situation that we all want. Everybody feeling good! I even feel good writing it. LOL.
You can see more stuff like this at our other Facebook magazine at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Karma/200040216673445
Love, Wealth and Happiness, Tommy